Ansari, Dr. Jahangir, PhD
Mailbox: P.O. Box 9012
Location: 1 Hayden Drive, Virginia State University, VA 23806
- PhD in Mechanical Design and Production Engineering, Seoul National University , 1983
- MS in Mechanical Engineering, Seoul National University , 1979
- BS in Manufacturing (Production) Engineering, Iran University of Science and technology, 1972
- Computer Integrated Manufacturing
- Virtual Manufacturing
- Structural Health Monitoring and Modal Analysis
- MANE 450, Manufacturing Design Implementation
- MANE 499, Special Topics (Introduction to Finite Element Method)
- MANE 461, Senior Project I
- MANE 462, Senior Project II
- MANE 415, Project Engineering and Management
- MANE 310, CAD/CAM
- MANE 210, Manufacturing Process II
- ENGR 315, Dynamics
- ENGR 313, Thermal Engineering
- ENGR 305, Materials Engineering
- ENGR 210, Statics and Strength of Materials
- ENGR 200, Engineering Graphics
- ENGR 102, Introduction to Engineering II
- ENGR 101, Introduction to Engineering I
- DRFT 369, Architectural Drafting
- DRFT 362, Computer Aided Drafting & Design
- MCET 102, Machines Laboratory
- “Computer Aided Reverse Engineering of a Toy Car”, proceeding of 2013 ASEE annual conference.
- “Design Experience in a Manufacturing Engineering Program”, proceeding of 2010 ASEE annual conference.
- “Impact and Merit of the VSU HBCU-UP on the Undergraduate STEM Education”, proceeding of 2010 ASEE annual conference.
- “Enhancing Undergraduate Research Infrastructure”, proceeding of 2009 ASEE annual conference.
- “Outcome Assessment Process in a Manufacturing Engineering Program”, proceeding of 2008 ASEE annual conference.
- “CIM Lab to Support Manufacturing Design Implementation Course in Manufacturing Engineering”, proceeding of 2007 ASEE annual conference.
- “Hands on Solid Modeling Experiences in a Course Project”, proceeding of 2007 ASEE annual conference.
- “Finite Element Vibration Analysis and Modal Testing of Bells”, Proceedings of The 2006 IJME – INTERTECH Conference.
- “Instrumentation for Vibration and Modal Testing - A Senior Design Project”, proceeding of 2006 ASEE annual conference.
- HBCU UP (T-STEM) “ Implementation Grant: Trojan STEM II – Moving From Restructuring to Implementation, (Funded by NSF, $1,750,000), Co-PI
- HBCU UP (T-STEM) “Trojan Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics” (Funded by NSF, $2,500,000), Co-PI
- MSEIP “Minority Science and Engineering Improvement Program” (Funded by US Department of Education, $297,000), PI
- VSU/DUPONT-PREP “Pre-College Readiness Enrichment Program” (Funded by VSU & DUPONT), Co-PI
- Research Initiative Grant – RIG, Funded by Virginia State University , PI