Cooke, Dr. James, EdD, VCA
Computer Operator Technician II
Phone: 804-524-8989 ext. 1140
Location: 1 Hayden Drive, P.O. Box 9212, Petersburg, VA 23806
- Serve as the Department's Distance Education Administrator, to include but not limited to, coordinating and administering the distance education facilities, inspecting, maintaining, monitoring upgrading systems, and assigning passwords and network/system access.
- Coordinating and implementing the Distance Education infrastructure, which includes evaluating the effectiveness of services provided and recommending changes in procedures to meet users' needs, working with vendors, university facilities and the Office of Technology and capital outlay to develop drawings, written specifications, purchase orders and work orders.
- Provide needs assessment analysis for distance education infrastructure requirements and assist in selecting and procuring related software and hardware components.
- Install, repair, and configure digital/networking and electronic testing equipment.
- Install, repair, and configure data/computer systems, including computer servers, network peripherals, print servers and stand-alone operating systems.
- Research and procure laboratory equipment and laboratory supplies for the Department of Engineering and Technology.
- Monitors the allocation and placement of laboratory equipment and supplies for the department.
- Provides technical assistance and support to faculty/staff