Haile, Dr. Dawit, PhD
Mathematics & Economics
Professor of Mathematics; Computer Science Associate Dean for the College of Engineering and Technology
Phone: 804-524-5461 or 804-524-1205
Location: Hunter McDaniel 202Sb; Engineering Building, EB 315b
- BS, MS - Addis Ababa University, Ethiopia
- MS - Virginia Commonwealth University
- PhD - Southern Illinois University at Carbondale
- Ad-hoc networks and unit disk graphs, Cluster based routing using k-tree, minimal separators in chordal graphs.
- Discrete wavelet transformations and image compression.
- Developing fault-based software testing techniques.
- Dynamical Systems in Mathematical Biology, Game Theory
SELECTED PUBLICATIONS / PRESENTATIONS
- Dawit Haile, ZhifuXie, “Long-time behavior and Turing patterns in a three species food chain model with a Holling type-II functional response.” Journal of Mathematical Biosciences, 2015.
- Gebeyehu Belay Gebremeskel , Dawit Haile, Chai Yi , Zhongshi He, “Combined data mining techniques based patient data outlier detection for healthcare safety.” International Journal of Intelligent Computing and Cybernetics, 2016.
- Yongjing Lu, Zhifu Xie, Jing Zhang, Dawit Haile, Keith Williamson “Mathematical Modeling on Social Economic Network via Game Theoretical Approach.” Accepted for publication in ASEE, 2016