Xie, Dr. Zhifu, PhD
Mathematics & Economics
Professor of Mathematics
Location: Hunter McDaniel 302Se
- BSc, MSc - Chongqing Normal University, China
- PhD - Brigham Young University
- Dynamical System
- Celestial Mechanics, N-body Problem, Central Configurations, Hamiltonian System
- Nonlinear Partial Differential Equations (Elliptic Type)
- Mathematical Biology
SELECTED PUBLICATIONS / PRESENTATIONS
- Tiancheng Ouyang, Zhifu Xie, Star pentagon and many stable choreographic solutions of the Newtonian $4$-body problem, Physica D: Nonlinear Phenomena, 307(2015), 61-76.
- Zhifu Xie, An Analytical Proof on Certain Determinants Connected with the Collinear Central Configurations in the $n$-body Problem, Celestial Mechanics and Dynamical Astronomy, 118 (2014), no. 1, 89-97.
- AMS Special Session on Current Trends in Classical Dynamical Systems, 2015 Joint Mathematics Meetings, San Antonio, TX. Jan. 10-13, 2015. (30 minutes invited talk)
- International Congress of Mathematicians (ICM Seoul 2014), Seoul, South Korea, August 13-21, 2014. (20 minutes talk)
- Research Initiation Award:Central Configurations, New Variational Method and Periodic Solutions in Celestial Mechanics (NSF grant HRD-1409939, 2014-2016)
- PIC Math (Preparation for Industrial Careers in Mathematical Sciences) program at Virginia State University (2014-2016). This program is supported by National Science Foundation (NSF grant DMS-1345499) via MAA PIC program.